Monday 17 September 2012

july 2012 glossybox

These past few days, I have had far too much work to even try and do a post. I've had homework to do, an EPQ to work on and yesterday I was actually at work. Today I've got the day off school which is such a nice feeling and whilst I'm supposed to be doing some work (which i will do later...), I'm going to do a blogpost!

The July Glossybox was supposed to provide subscribers with products to use at festivals and even though I went to two this year, I didn't take any of the items with me. This was partly because I hadn't posted about them yet and so didn't want to open them but I don't actually think I would have taken any of them with me. Maybe the Paul Mitchell product but not really any of the other things...










I don't know why I recognise the brand name Bex London but I'm sure I've heard of it before. I think I read about it on a blog or on the Glossybox website or on a TV programme but I really can't remember. I always though it was a clothing line so when I saw the product was a perfume I was a little confused. Having a little Google, I have realised that it is just a perfume line and I have obviously got mixed up along the way. There were four different possibilities that you could have received and I didn't have any preferences. The one I have is N6 and I don't think I'm that keen. I've just sprayed it on my hand and after taking one sniff, my face formed a look of shock. It's a very strong scent that sort of reminds me of my grandma and cleaning products. After a few seconds and after it settled, the other notes of rose and jasmine came through making it very floral. I'm not a very floral person, preferring more girly or citrus-y scents. Therefore, I'm probably going to have to pass on this. I might have another go but give it to my mum.



Haircare was never a priority for me. I've always struggled with my skin so when I've gone into Boots or Tesco or other places, products to help my skin have always been the top of the list. However, ever since I started dying my hair (including a full head of bleach...) it has become dry and dead and frankly, not what it used to be. It's a little upsetting that it's not as soft as it was when it was natural but it's sort of at a good point right now. The ends are slightly terrible so that's where I'm going to focus from now on and so when I saw this in my box, I thought, perfect! It's called a 'Hydrating Spray' and to quote, it says "Give thirsty hair and skin the moisture they crave". I do believe my ends sometimes crave moisture so will definitely be using this quite often. I doubt I'll spray it on my face that often as my face is rather oily anyway so don't think it really needs much more moisture but we'll see and I'll let you know in a full review!


I'm pretty sure I've had a Monu product from a past glossybox so whilst it would be nice to see a completely different product, it's nice that Glossybox stick by the brands the like. This item says that it helps with firming ageing skin which obviously isn't something I'm really concerned about but I think the fact it's a night cream suggests that over night it renews your skin and makes your skin feel overall 'better'. My skin is pretty dull and there's nothing that special about it so I'm interested to give it a go and see if it gives me a sort of 'glow' or something - I'll keep you updated! 


Jelly Pong Pong is a brand that I love but haven't got many products from. I first heard of them at Clothes Show Live in 2010 and bought a goody bag from their stand. My favourite item that I got was the Shadow Taffy and I fell in love. It was the most amazing product but I've not used it that much recently when I think about it. There were other things in it but I haven't really tested them out that much. Anyway, I got even more products in another goody bag at Clothes Show last year but if you read my post about it, you'll know that my bag got stolen so I lost out on them which was extremely disappointing. However, seeing this Lip Frosting in my glossybox has just made me so happy. I think they're quite a small brand and so not many people have heard of them but I do believe they're wonderful. The Lip Frosting is sort of like a lip gloss and it smells divine! I can't wait to try it out and properly review it!


Just as I was about to start writing about this product I didn't have a clue what it was. However, I just had a close look at the bottle and have realised it's a "multi-usage dry oil" for nourishing, repairing and softening. It says you can use it on your face, body and hair but I think I'll avoid using on my face for reasons I mentioned above (my face is already too oily). The main area I'll try the oil on is my hair on the ends to try and get rid of that dryness (like the Paul Mitchell product) but I may have a go with it on the dry parts of my body (e.g. my ankles and heels) as well.

well this picture is useless and upside down...
Glossybox called this a 'BONUS PRODUCT' which was lovely and 6 products in the box is a great surprise. I have just realised, whilst fiddling with the packaging, that there are three sachets with different things in to help your skin. There's a 'Skin Balancing Exfoliating Cleanser', an 'Optimum Skin Serum' and a 'Skin Balancing Lotion SPF 15'. This has made me more interested in the overall item as at first I sort of assumed it was just a moisturiser or cream or something (shows me that i need to look at the items from sample boxes in more detail from now on). Elizabeth Arden is very well known, I believe, and I think these products will only do good things for my skin. As I've said with many of the other things in this post, I can't wait to try this out fully - I love new skincare stuff!

So that's the July Glossybox and I think there's a lot of things in it that I'm really excited about which means an overall good box for me!

Only the August box, now, before being up to date. The September one hasn't arrived yet but as soon as it does, I'll be sure to post about it so that I'm on time and on schedule!

No real updates from me apart from I do have school for the rest of this week but I'll try my hardest to post every day. Hopefully my planning and taking the pictures today will make things easier but we'll see!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and that this week isn't too hard (already counting down the days until friday...)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave a comment if you want to!