Sunday 15 January 2012

weekly wonderings 001

So I think the word 'wonderings' is a random word I've just made up but I really wanted to do my own sort of 'sunday summary' type post. I've tried to start a little weekly feature before but I failed so I'm really hoping that I keep this post up. Anyway, the basis of it is is that I've started doing this thing on Facebook where I do a picture a day that kind of sums up what I've been up to that day and then at the end of the week I can remember what I did each day. Therefore, I thought I could put those pictures in each of the weekly posts and tell you what I've been up to in the past week and what I'm up to in the coming week. I hope that makes sense? But anyway, on with the post and I hope you enjoy it! A quick thing as well, these pictures are taken on my BlackBerry so are not of the best quality but they're still visible.






I didn't manage to take a picture every day this week but these are the ones I did take:

          a) MONDAY This past week I had my first A level modules and so I spent all Monday evening revising for Psychology. On Tuesday evening it was Biology. I also had General on Tuesday afternoon but that is hardly important, aha. I luckily don't have any exams until Summer except a History mock on the 26th of January but  I'm not too worried about that. 
          b) WEDNESDAY I've sort of neglected my reading for the past month due to revision taking over my priorities. But I am now able to get back on track with my reading list. I currently have an account on Goodreads after being introduced to the website by Blair. It's extremely useful for finding new books and seeing reviews on books you're interested in. So the first book I wanted to read was In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. It's actually the book I'm next going to be looking at in the next meeting of the book group I'm involved in at my school.
          c) THURSDAY On Thursday, I re-kindled my love for the Sex & The City movies and went on to watch them numerous times. They are honestly some of my favourite films and if you haven't seen them, they are an absolute must! If I could have anybody's lifestyle in the world, it would be Carrie Bradshaw's. Obviously, watching these films was much better than doing homework.
          d) FRIDAY If you've read my film review on War Horse then you'll know I went to see it on Friday with my friend Lottie. I can't even wait for the film to come out on DVD as I'm so excited to see it again. War Horse was the first film I've seen in a while at the cinema in a while and I really want to go more often. Actually whilst writing this post, the trailer for the film The Descendants came on and I did see it on Friday so I think when that comes out (the 27th January) I'll definitely go and see that.
          e) SUNDAY I've just spent today catching up on all the TV that I missed watching whilst working towards my exams which was really nice and relaxing. I was supposed to be going to two tap exam classes today but I really couldn't be bothered so I've done some History homework and watched Playing It Straight, New Girl and Shipwrecked

I haven't been up to much else this week except that last night I went over to my friend's house for a chinese and movie night which was really enjoyable. I've also been invited to 2 parties this week (so popular, lawlz), one of which I'm unsure about going to as there are some people there that I don't really like and the other I will most probably go to as I love the people going so we'll see if I can sort myself out and become sociable for a bit. I only found out today but Blogger has finally got a replying system on  blogposts which is wonderful as I used to 'reply' to people's comments on my posts but ended up deleting them as I thought they were slightly pointless because no one could see them so his new system is brilliant!

This week involves:

  1. One of my oldest friend's birthday is tomorrow and I'm planning on getting her a Thomas Sabo charm for her bracelet for her birthday.
  2. Planning on taking a trip into Manchester or to The Trafford Centre this week so I can go and check out the new Valentines Day stuff from Lush. I don't have a boyfriend so it's not like I'll be buying for 'a loved one' but I really like the look of the products this year. If I do purchase some of the stuff, I'll be sure to post about them and let you know how they are.
  3. On Tuesday I'm going to visit my friend Amy in hopsital as she's been really really ill recently, unfortunately. I'd say she's been feeling ill for the past 3 months and this is the second time she's been admitted to hospital which is ridiculous and the doctor's just don't know what they're doing and seem useless. I mean, I admire them but they can't diagnose my friend and it's just outright annoying. I'm hoping she'll be feeling okay on Tuesday and I'm praying she'll soon make a recovery.
  4. I'm also hoping to visit a member of my family (it's a long chain and i'm not sure how i'm related to her) who lives in Leeds either this weekend or next weekend. I really need to get organising it as I'm leaving it so last minute but I'm really looking forward to going as 'the person who I'm going to stay with''s apartment is gorgeous! Plus, I've only ever been to Leeds once for the festival last year so I'm excited to go and properly look around.
Ahh, finished. And two posts in one day! I'm going to go and watch The Reader which is on Channel 4 in a minute if anybody is interested. Whilst watching the advert for it just then I noticed that one of the actors in it was in War Horse (actually one of my favourites) so I can't wait to watch it now! Anyway, I hope everyone's had a lovely weekend and you have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave a comment if you want to!