Thursday 4 October 2012

august 2012 glossybox

I feel that all I seem to do is post about glossyboxes which is annoying as I have other things to post about but these are the easiest to photograph and then write about. This is the August box and I do have the September one which I intend to post about next week, hopefully, but I wanted to get this one done so I'm on track. The payment for the October box was taken out of my mum's account today so I'm nearly in sync with the months and the boxes being released!

I really liked this box as it gave a taste of lots of different products from all over the world. I'm not the type of person who has lots of money to splash out on expensive beauty/skincare products and if they come from broad, they tend to be pretty pricey so I usually steer clear of them. However, this box let me have a look at those products that I'm missing out in.










GERMANYWhen I first saw this in the box I thought it was one of those magnetic nail varnishes from the shape of the lid but turns out it's not. Instead I have no clue what the hell it is... I know it is a nail varnish and I know it's clear but I'm not sure what exactly it does. From the picture on the front, I believe it's a sort of 'repair' nail varnish and having a quick look at the card now (shows you should always read the instructions/information first!) it says it's a 'brightening' and 'anti-yellowing' formula which actually sounds pretty perfect for me. My nails are unbelievably dry and not very nice looking at the moment (they go through phases unfortunately) so hopefully by putting this on regularly and underneath my other nail varnishes, I'll see a difference!


JAPAN: Now I don't like over the top packaging but how plain do you wanna get?! When I picked it up, I immediately thought it was either the usual bathroom type product you get at hotels or one just taken out of a pack of multiple products. Either way, I wasn't particularly impressed... Still now, looking at it, I'm not that overwhelmed... The instructions inform me to put onto my 'dry hands' and then 'massage onto dry face to dissolve makeup, dirt and other impurities'. Personally, I don't really want to use this as I don't need any more oil on my face and for some reason, I just don't want to use it. It's not that I don't think it's a good product, it just doesn't appeal to me. I will give it a go though for reviewing purposes but I'm not completely sure about it...


AMERICA: As soon as the packaging came undone, I pounced on this item. It just looks dead cool and I'm so excited to use it! Obviously I've seen fake nails before but not with such amazing packaging! Luckily I got a pretty nice design as well. Unfortunately the thumbnail nails (mouthful...) don't fit mine as my nails are wider and shorter than the normal fake nail (which is usually thinner and longer, urgh) but I may just have a go anyway for fun and see how they go. However, if they're pretty bad on my nails, I'll get someone else to model them for me! I think I have currently broken the nail varnish bottle shaped box the nails come in which is pants and so the post may be delayed until I can open it again but in my defece it is pretty difficult to use anyway (one slight negative of this item...).


SPAIN: Now I'm not happy with this product. I mean, I love eyeshadows and always want more but it's the overall item that I'm not content with. When I got it out of the box, the mirror had come out of it's slot (suggesting that it's quite a cheap product - who doesn't remember those old make up palettes you'd get in magazines when you were younger that always fell apart after a couple of days?) and it's dirty with scratches on it (i have tried cleaning it but it looks pretty permanent). I've just looked at it again to update myself and I've noticed cracks all round the edge. I'm not sure if you guys will be able to notice in the picture but the little applicator 'buds' (i just mean the end bits but don't know the right word...) are green, as if they've already been used on the bottom right eyeshadow? I'm sure they haven't but it is a little dodgy. Now I'm sure all these things aren't Glossybox's fault and it probably happened in the post but it is a little annoying and I just find it quite a tacky product. I have to say that this is probably the worst product I've got in Glossybox so far.



UK: Wooo, a British product! I've heard of Lipcote before and it was when a lot of the bigger bloggers were trying it out and kind of all did a post about it on the same night (i think they were all sponsored by Lipcote) so there was a lot of blogger hype around it. Therefore, I was obviously going to be interested in trying it out, I just never got round to it (nor did i know where to buy it from). From what I know, this is something to 'seal your lipstick in' and to stop it from smudging or fading. THIS IS SO PERFECT FOR ME! Unless I'm wearing nude lipstick, my lipstick always smudges which is so aggravating when it's a bright red or neon pink as it ends up going all round my mouth (lurveleh). Therefore, I am so so so excited to give this a go and see if it really lives up to its claims (for some reason, i think when it was first reviewed  it didn't get the most amazing reviews but i'm really interested to make my own opinions on it).



I have a feeling that this is supposed to act as a sort of  'bonus' product which is always a nice gesture (even if it is a product of their own...). The picture doesn't show the colour very well due to the lighting being a little sucky but ah well. It's more pinky, but not 'Glossybox pink' (even though the colour is titled 'Glossy Pink'...), just a very warm pink. The formula looks really creamy and I don't have a colour like it in my collection so I'm looking forward to giving it a go. 

Updates!

  1. A proper updates section in this post! I'm sorry my last post was pretty rushed but I'd not left myself enough time to blog and I had to get to bed (full time education is pretty sucky sometimes).
  2. I'm not going to go over last week in detail like I usually do as there's too much and I can't completely remember what happened (my memory sukz). Also, to be honest, it's probably not that interesting.
  3. Yesterday I was planning on posting about this but I managed to make myself ill (again!). I was still recovering from my cold/illness from last week which included blocked ears and so last night I tried to un pop them by holding my nose and blowing (the type of thing you do when your ears pop on a plane). Anyway, I ended up blowing too hard, making my self dizzy and almost fainting (it sounds over the top but it genuinely happened and i've never felt more stupid in my life...). I then started to feel sick and had to go to bed. Managed to get today off school though which was nice. I haven't felt like I've relaxed in a long time so took a few hours today to catch up on blog posts, watch television and films and just generally lounge about which was actually really nice.
  4. Went for a McDonald's trip in my pyjamas tonight and I've never felt more classy. Pictures will be coming in my Instagram (my username is @bethsutton_ by the way) post on Sunday (another double as i didn't have time last sunday :( ).
  5. I'm back at school tomorrow but going out for dinner with a friend, who's really ill at the moment and is off school so I don't actually get to see her all that often, and her family which I'm really looking forward to. I always love going out for dinner and we're going to a local pub which serves seriously yummy stuff. 
  6. Not much happening at the weekend apart from work work work. I can't wait for this year to be over so I can have a 3 month holiday with nothing to worry about (until i go to university - that is if i get in...). My school just seems to be constantly piling on the stress and I have other things to worry about in my life as well! Sorry for the rant...
  7. Managed to plan my mum and I's trip to New York tonight as well. We're going at the end of this month/start of November and I honestly cannot wait. I've wanted to go for years and now my dreams are finally coming true! I've packed a lot into our 'itinerary' so hopefully we'll get to do everything! Probably won't take my laptop with me so it'll be a round up post at the end but I'll decide nearer the time.
Just finished watching Celebrity Juice (a really hilarious episode tonight!) so I'm going to go to bed as I'm shattered! Hopefully another post tomorrow - might even try an outfit post... but we'll see. Night night everyone and remember, it's nearly the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave a comment if you want to!