Tuesday 25 October 2011

kate moss for rimmel london lipsticks

I first saw the advert for this make up a few months back and instantly wanted to check it out in store. Now, when I say check it out, what I really mean was go into 3 different make up shops on 3 different occassions, put swatches on my hand everytime and walk away wanting to buy it but never really having the 'courage' to. So, on Saturday, whilst in my local Boots, I was with my mum looking at hair dye (thinking of going brown for Winter, yey or nay?) and I saw the stand yet again. Obviously I went over to have a look. Anyway I picked up my favourite 3, showed them to my mum and walked away. However, my mum suggested I look at my rewards card and see how much I had on it and see if I could buy the lipsticks with that as I wasn't willing to part with cash as I needed the money for other things. I checked and it turned out I had £17. Then I looked back at the lipstick stand's 3 for 2 offer. A quick calculation in my head told me that 3 lipsticks would cost me £11 so I ran to the counter (not literally...) and now I have 3 lovely lipsticks sat on my desk that I keep playing with because they're just so pretty.

I would just like to point out that the picture quality isn't too brill because I had to use my digital camera, which is on its last legs, because my dad's 'proper' camera is out of battery. I hope you enjoy the post anyway!


03, 08, 12


03

08

12

03, 08, 12

So the three colours I got were 03, 08 and 12. I don't think they have proper names so I'll just have to refer to them by number. 03 is a very nude, creamy colour. 08 a purple-y, berry type colour. And 12 is a red, coral-y colour. But I like all of them!

The first thing I noticed whilst trying them on was the smell. It's very fruity and not very synthetic at all (like you get with most lipsticks). Each of them is very pigmented too (12 being the most pigmented) and you only need about 2 'coats' to get a full cover. They also 'taste' nice too. Not that I've gone out and eaten some, just when I've licked my lips I've not recoiled in horror and wanted to wash them off immediately. Each of them is very creamy and moisturising too. They don't really dry out your lips yet they still give a matte effect. At this current moment, I can't actually think of many flaws. Another great thing was the price. £5.49 isn't much for a lipstick (compared to places like MAC, for example) and these would be things I could easily 'top up on' again. If I didn't have the 3 for 2 offer, all of them would have cost me £15 which isn't much more but I'm very grateful for the offer and I do know the Boots often have these type of deals on which is great! 

I don't really have much else to say apart from I think you should go and have a look in your nearest Boots/Superdrug etc. I'm pretty sure there's a colour for everyone (they even have a dark purple which is quite interesting!).

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I can't wait to try one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish we had the graze box in Sweden! Looks nice!

    Have a lovely weekend Beth! //Niina

    ReplyDelete

feel free to leave a comment if you want to!