Tuesday 15 October 2013

may 2013 glossybox

Is this an actual beauty related post? Not one just containing my ramblings? Why yes, yes it is. And the pictures were in fact taken in my new surroundings (i.e. my room at university, not that exciting...). 

Today I thought I'd just do a quick post on the glossybox I got in May and its contents. In May it was Glossybox's 2nd birthday and so it was pretty exciting for both them and their subscribers. Now I didn't actually think the products were exceptionally special (i don't know why i thought they would be, maybe just because it was a big occasion?), they are all items I'm excited to try!









Now I'm a high street girl when it comes to mascara's and have never actually tried a high end one. But that doesn't mean I've never wanted one - I very nearly bought one of the Lancome limited edition mascara's at duty free this summer but was tempted by other beauty things instead. Plus I do have a few other mascara's that I need to try and test out first. Anyway, when I opened this box, I was very happy to see this sample and I'm super excited to give it a go. The brush shape is unlike any I've seen before and I'm interested to see what effect it creates on the lashes. Now the packaging says that this is a '4-in-1' mascara and I'm not entirely sure what it means, nor does it explain on the packet the little sample came in. However, I'm definitely going to look into it and share my research findings with you when I do a full review. 



Now I've never heard of the brand Harmony before and I can't actually find any information about them online or where to buy any of their products which is a bit disappointing. But I'm sure if I end up really liking this product I'll hunt it down! Upon seeing this product I wasn't that excited because sometimes I doubt how far you can actually go with moisturisers. However, I slapped myself on the wrist and remembered how important moisturisers are to your skincare routine and they are actually product I regularly miss out which is very bad. I usually use the Liz Earle Skin Repair one but sometimes I find it a bit too heavy on the skin so I am definitely open to finding an alternative that is lighter. I have just tried this on the back of my hand and it does definitely feel lighter (whether this is the same on the face is another question). It sinks in pretty fast and is nicely soothing. One thing that I'm not too keen on is the smell. It's slightly like suncream but something else as well that I can't put my finger on. I'll keep giving this a go though and report back on my thoughts!



This is another brand I've never heard of before and I'm a little gutted that this is the product I will be trying first from them because it really doesn't look that interesting. The label doesn't give much detail or instruction either - 'prime & create'? a 'mixing medium?' Upon discovery I had no idea what I was supposed to do with this and I'm still not 100% sure but since putting a bit on the back of my hand I think I have an idea. I just rubbed the tiniest little bit onto the back of my hand and my lord, the skin on my hand has never felt smoother! The gel has blurred the skin to make it look flawless and has created the perfect base for any make up. From this, I think it is just a primer but I think you're supposed to mix it in with your foundation? I'm interested in trying it on it's own and mixed with foundations to see the effects I get and I can't wait to report back to you guys! It just goes to show that you can never judge a book by its' cover!


Oil is something that I should probably use but always something I tend to avoid. Having very oily skin on my face I definitely don't want to add any more to it and I always have nightmares that if I put any oil on my hair after washing it, it will turn out so disgustingly greasy I'll just have to watch it again. And in terms of putting it on my body, I need to get into the routine of moisturising first, then I can move onto oils and the likes. (rant over...) Therefore, I wasn't too overly enthused by this product but when I saw it was by the brand Caudalie and had the word 'divine' in its' name, I feel like I just have to give it a go! I've not tried it yet but will definitely let you know!



I recently had a big clean out of my nail polishes and a lot of them got thrown away due to the fact they were all gloopy or had just dried up completely. Therefore, any additions are welcome to my collection! Nails Inc are a brand I'm not too sure on. I think they're a really lovely brand to buy from but not one I hear a lot of. I don't think I'll ever go out and buy from them myself but I'm definitely happy to receive samples in beauty boxes and full sizes as gifts as I've never had problems with the actually polishes before. I think this colour is so gorgeous and vibrant and probably much more suited to the summer. However, I intend to wear it in these colder months with pride and to brighten things up a bit!



The final item I got in the glossybox was a little extra something that the company provided. Now I personally find these a godsend. I cannot tell you the amount of times that I break a nail when I'm out and about and have nothing to file them smooth again so end up biting them until their ridiculously short (such a bad habit!). So I'm super happy to have these to carry around in my handbag for when I have a nail emergency!

So that's it for my thoughts on the May glossybox. I know it's so super late but I just like to give my full thoughts and sometimes that takes a little while to get round to!

And I'm not going to do a full update here because I'm sure it'll be really boring as all I've done really is settle into uni and get stuck into the lectures etc. I'm really sorry that my blog has been compromised because of that, it's just I've had no time and I've just not been getting time to post. I'm hoping now I'm in more of a routine, posts will be more regular but I'm not going to promise anything because they always get broken! :(

I'm off to bed now as I have a 9am lecture tomorrow (all the funs) and so want to have a good night's sleep before that. Hopefully a post tomorrow afternoon so look out for that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave a comment if you want to!