Friday 29 June 2012

MAC viva glam nicki

Wow wow wow. I, Beth Sutton, own my very own MAC lipstick. Whilst this might not be exciting for others, for me, this is a big thing. Ever since I started reading blogs and watching YouTube videos I have lusted over MAC products and only been able to view them from afar. When I go shopping, I rarely go into Selfridges (the closest place to me that sells MAC products) so I don't really ever test them out. Therefore when I saw this new lipstick being released, I thought it would be perfect for my first ever MAC lipstick. It's Viva Glam Nicki and I believe it was limited edition but I'm sure it's still on the website. And let me tell you, I love it! When I first got it I couldn't help looking at it and smiling. I'm so so so happy I got it. But it's now made me want so many items from the Hey! Sailor collection. Not good.











As you can see from the pictures, it's a very bright pink. When I first opened it I couldn't help but notice that it was kind of neon. This slightly scared me as I think it'll be hard to wear out (not good considering the price) but I definitely want to integrate it into more of my outfits. It's a creamy formula but, as it shows slightly in my pictures, it dried them a lot. They made my lips very rough and I had the urge to keep putting Vaseline on. However, I think that in the future when I wear it, I'll 'prep' my lips in plenty of time with lots of Vaseline. I'll also apply Vaseline over the top, just so my lips don't look really dry. I don't know what it is and I still can't put my finger on it but the smell of the lipstick is slightly weird. Definitely not what I thought it would be but it's a 'lipstick smell' if you get me? It's got a cosmetic-y scent and I don't know if it's just this lipstick or all MAC ones but hopefully I'll be able to purchase some more to find out. Obviously though, scent is not the most important thing. Pigmentation is a BIG positive with this lipstick (and i'm sure all MAC lipsticks). The colour is very true and what comes out/shows up on your lip is exactly what it looks like as a stick (couldn't explain it any other way).

Now as much as I love this lipstick and I couldn't recommend MAC lipsticks more to others, this one probably isn't the best colour to get first. I would probably say get a nude or a red lipstick - a more classic colour. And after this purchase, I think I'm going to venture into other products. The blushers are constantly raved about and I'm also slightly interested in the nail lacquers as I actually haven't ever read a review on them. The eyeshadows are also something I'd like to look into more.

Overall though, I'm so happy with my very first MAC product and cannot wait to get more products for more reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave a comment if you want to!